And the ADVENTURE Continues!
Hello friends and family all around the world!
Yesterday morning, as Garth, Lyla and I were having breakfast together, we looked at each other, and talked about how sometimes, especially in the last 2 months, our lives feel like the TV show “The AMAZING RACE.” Then we said how we wouldn’t trade our lives right now for anything, as it is such an adventurous, risky, crazy, wild, humbling, great journey it is to follow the call of Jesus on our lives!
Since our last update there has been lots happening here in Battambang, as we’ve had a crazy start to the year, but nonetheless, we are grateful and thankful for the privilege it is to serve Jesus in various ways all around the globe!
Here are some highlights from our last two months:
1) Like we mentioned in our previous update, we went to Korea for a week to tour with Loren Cunningham, the founder of our organization Youth With A Mission and it was a privilege to share with the body of Christ in Korea as well plant seeds of sending more missionaries into the harvest field!
2) Right after our tour in Korea, we welcomed Loren to Cambodia, where we did a 6-day tour of the three major cities in Cambodia, including our city of Battambang. We partnered with the local churches to send forth the message of the power of the Gospel to Transform Cambodia and to help empower the Body of Christ to accomplish their vision to plant churches in each of the 11,000 villages in Cambodia by the year 2021. Loren was so inspirational in challenging the body of Christ to rise up and call forth a missions movement out of Cambodia!
3) Garth has had the privilege of using his gift of teaching to serve different Discipleship Training Schools all over the world. In the last month, he’s taught in our 2 DTS’s in Cambodia, 2 DTS’s in Australia, as well as teaching the book of Ecclesiastes in our School of Biblical Studies in Battambang next Monday!
4) Our final update and most exciting update is that our future Campus property is in the process of being transformed by the filling it with DIRT!!! Two weeks ago, the contracts were finalized and signed for a company to fill our land. It has been a journey to research with which company to hire, but thankfully in the end, our leadership team prayed about it and felt to go with one particular company! THANK YOU to those who sacrificially and generously gave towards the first phase of purchasing the land for the campus project! Thank you for sowing into this harvest generation in the nation of Cambodia! We will keep you updated about the next steps of the building phase.
1) Please pray for continued strength, wisdom and joy for our family as we continue to lead out and be obedient to what Jesus has for our ministry
2) As our ministry continues to expand, please pray for the development of our leaders, specifically our Cambodian leaders to be trained up and used by God for His glory!
3) For the filling of dirt process to go well and for the physical and spiritual foundation of our ministry location to be in accordance to God’s Word.
We cannot express how much your partnership means to our family and ministry! THANK YOU for your prayers, encouragement and financial support to see Cambodia changed in one generation and please drop us an email to let us know how we can pray for you as well!